Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snowed in for Thanksgiving

 We were planning on going to visit family and friends in Montana for the holiday, but due to bad roads, we decided it would not be wise.  We pulled a turkey out of the freezer and did some quick cooking and came up with a fairly decent feast.

While we were snowed in, we made a snowman (snow-thing?), watched movies, strung a popcorn garland for the Christmas tree, went sledding, and made turkey-cookies.  We had fun naming our cookies... road kill turkey, drumstick turkey, angry chinese turkey, etc...


We also got out the Christmas decorations and hung up the outdoor lights.  We only have one tree big enough to put lights on, and it looks like a lone, Charlie Brown tree.  Instead of going into the woods to cut a Christmas tree, we went to Broulims and spent $35 and bought one.  I was so happy to not have to go out on the nasty roads!!!!!  So, our tree is up and decorated, the stockings are hung, and we are ready to have more celebrating!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a successful weekend! I like your turkey cookie names. :) Glad you had fun even though you were snowed in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you had a turkey- we had to get ourselves invited for dinner by someone who had a turkey! It was good though - I like the cookie turkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a lot of fun Thanksgiving snow day activities. Too bad the rest of us didn't get to help make the turkey cookies. I bet it was fun. I like your snow thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had enjoyable b-day and thanksgiving! You've made me think though...i am almost 40(11days) and I have never cooked a turkey...I should probably try that!

    ReplyDelete