Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I REALLY Hate Spiders


What's with the spiders lately? I killed two really big ones today. For some reason, hobo spiders really love the stairs down to my basement. I go up and down the stairs dozens of times a day, and it would probably be hilarious for anyone watching me. I keep my broom near the top of the stairs, and my can of "Raid" at the bottom. First I open the door and do a swift glance around. If I see nothing, I peer over the rail to scan the lower portion. If I see anything, I grab for whatever killing agent is nearest and apply it with enthusiasm! If the coast looks clear, I quickly scamper down, being careful to keep my feet on the front edges of the step, because sometime the little buggers hide on the vertical parts that I can't see. At the bottom, I swiftly turn around and check the front of the steps. If I see any creepy-crawlies, they are promptly hosed down with spray, or smashed into atoms with my broom. Then I have to leap over the remains, not touching the step, to get back upstairs. It's a carefully calculated process, that only a true arachnaphobic would understand. To the rest of the world... I'm sure you have your goofy routines also!!!

6 comments:

  1. That's the two spiders I killed today!! Duh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - That hasn't changed much. I remember when you paid your little brother to kill a spider in your room! I guess it is hobo season - the boys did their annual spider season super-duper room clean this week! hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Luckily we don't have many spiders here at my house. Just animals. You should have your house sprayed weekly. Hobo spiders are AWEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way, but I'm so allergic to them. Yuck!! We're heading to the desert tomorrow for a couple weeks and my sister said they have camel spiders there! Soemone brought them back from over seas. I'm so hoping they got it cured, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a spider from a distance - I can be in the same room as one . . . and no more than one! But it's when they sneak up on me! If they enter the 3 foot radius no-entry zone around me, then they must be killed! I love your killing routine. I could feel the anxiety through the blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete