Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthdays

Well, I just turned another year older.  I have mixed emotions about my birthdays.  I really like getting presents and having everyone treat me special.... but on the other hand, I feel like I have to be worthy of the special treatment, and I start to see all the areas I need to work on.
I got two gifts this year that I am really excited about.  One is a membership to the health club, and the other is a circular saw.  I really have a hard time getting out and exercising in the cold, dark winter, so the club should be nice.  Maybe by my next birthday I'll be a lean, mean, exercising machine!!!! (Don't hold your breath)  I am always borrowing my parents power tools to fix things and build things... so I'm thrilled to get my own circular saw (and Dad will be happy to get his back! :) )  I know most gals wouldn't be too excited about getting tools for their birthdays, but it really made me happy!!!  Thanks everyone for  the presents, cards and phone calls!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday when I saw you yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love a girl who can work a power tool! I like to use them is fishnets and stilettos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know! Happy Birthday! I'm pretty sure you deserved all the attention you got! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I am so sorry I didn't look at my calendar and realize it was here! What health club are you now a member of? I think it's so cool that you know your power tools.

    You're amazing! I'm glad you're my friend. And lots of birthday love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! We love you so much. You go with that saw, I think that's awesome. You are so talented and such a remarkable person of whom WE ALL look up to. Love ya lots, Shara and Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You are a woman after my own heart. I love getting power tools for my birthday!!! or mother's day, or christmas even!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes-- which one are you going to now? Power tools are cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HapPy BirtHdaY! I hope you have a wonderful year! I love my gym membership and eventhough I am not a lean machine, I do use it a lot! It is a great stress buster! Good Luck! Have fun with your saw! You Go Girl! Girl Power RocKs!

    ReplyDelete