Friday, November 21, 2008

This has been a busy week for me.  As the Compassionate Service person in our ward, I have had two funeral luncheons to put together.  Not only have I never done this before, one of the funerals will be a very large one, with most of the stake involved.  I loved both of the ladies that passed away, and want to do my best for them.  The first, and smaller funeral was yesterday.  Thanks to the wonderful help of friends and ward members, I think it went well.  The food was all cooked and delivered on time (mostly), we didn't run out of anything, and the family seemed to be very grateful.  WHEW!!!!!  Now that this first one is over, I feel like we can handle the second one.  I will spend today getting ready for tomorrows big one.  I need to deliver some hams to be baked, get tablecloths and dishes ready, set up the Primary room for overflow, fill salt and pepper shakers, and draw up some assignment lists for the people helping tomorrow.  I am so thankful to everyone who signed up to bring food and to help cook, serve, and clean up!!!!!  I am glad to help and serve, but I will be VERY glad tomorrow night, when I can relax!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow . . . what a big job you have! You are an amazing lady for doing it all (and you always have a smile on your face)! I hope your hubby gives you a foot massage on Saturday evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stress! Good luck with everything and I hope you get to relax the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goodness! I would be so lost in that assignment. Good job & Good luck tomorrow! I second the foot massage :)

    ReplyDelete