Sunday, November 2, 2008

Last Week of October

Emily was a bride for Halloween. My boys decided that they were too big to dress up and go door to door. They did make the rounds at the ward trunk-or-treat though.

This has been a busy, strange, and somewhat disturbing week. I had a great many commitments and appointments. There were a lot of fun activities and Halloween celebrations. There were also more than the usual "not fun" things. My grandpa had a small heart attack. (He's home and doing well.) A friend passed away after a painful fight with cancer. I found that a wonderful cousin has been dealing with some abuse and marital problems. My friend's 2-year old had a fever-induced seizure that badly scared us.

All these experiences have made me think about my own life and what's important to me. I'm so grateful for the many, many blessings I enjoy each day!!! At the same time, I feel a "helplessness" about all the pain and suffering in the world. What can I do, as one small person, to make things better? I can only do so much, then I run out of time, energy, and/or money. I know that there's not one "answer" to all this, but it's just something that is on my mind!

6 comments:

  1. Things are crazy for sure! Give Grandpa a hug for me!! I am glad that he is home recovering. Pray for the others. Life is just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure don't know what I would have done without you guys! We are so glad to have you as neighbors and friends! Here's hoping for a better week, for the both of us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about Grandpa today from my dad. Give him a big hug for me, k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems we've both had a week or two of strangeness and reasons to think about important things! Hang in there! Give Granny and Grandpa a hug from me, too! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to keep up sometimes. Life seems so fast and wizzing around us. Keep praying and doing what you do, I am sure your thoughts and actions effect more around you than you realize! Way cute costume!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara . . . just your smile, kindness, and understanding sure has made a difference to me! I'm sorry you had such an eventful week. I hope things calm down for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete