Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BYU-Idaho or Bust

Two weeks ago, I was very content, living my busy little life in the Bitterroot.  On the Wed. before Thanksgiving, we got a call from BYU-I, wanting to interview Tony for a job.  Since we were heading down that way to eat turkey, we thought... "why not?"  So, last Monday Tony was in interviews all day while the kids and I shopped and checked out the town.  Then, yesterday, the school called again and offered us the job!  Tony told them we'd think about it.  The last I heard this morning was that we were thinking about it, and probably shouldn't say anything to anyone till we made a choice.  ( I knew that we were going to do it.)  Then, Tony sent me an e-mail saying that the 22nd would be his last day working for the bank!  He proceded to send a note to the several thousand people in his mailbox, saying that we are moving!  

I have such mixed feelings!!!  I'm excited about this new opportunity for Tony, and the benefits it will provide to our family.  I'm really struggling with leaving the town I grew up in, and all the people I love here.  The hardest part will be moving away from my parents.  I'm worried about the challenges a move will make for my kids... especially Jacob.  I'm excited about the new possibilities that lie ahead for the kids. 

I apologize if anyone feels like we have been "sneaky" or anything... but we really didn't know anything until today.  Now we need to concentrate on sorting and packing and selling our house.  I also apologize for being emotional... I just can't help it!!!!  Everything makes me cry, even happy things!!!!!  I'm just a mess!!!

10 comments:

  1. I cried for you, but just think that this is where the Lord wants you now. You can spread your love and kindness to the people in Rexburg. Besides, you're closer to Preston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention, Boise!!! Thats SOO exciting! Congratulations! Rexburg doesn't truly know yet just how lucky they are to have you guys! Everything ALWAYS works out the way it's supposed to. Thats how Heavenly Father helps us grow- by pushing our comfort zones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sad! We are losing the best neighbors we have ever had! It just won't be the same around her with out you guys, but I wish you the best in your new adventure. Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We're sooo excited! I know it will all work out. Let us know how we can help. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture you posted of Rexburg looks so idyllic. What a fun place to be moving to . . . a small college town where opportunities abound (I didn't mean to rhyme!), but where there is still a strong sense of family and community. I wish you guys all the best. I will keep your boys in my prayers.

    Of course I will miss both you and Tony, but I hope to be following in your footsteps soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can imagine how hard it will be to leave Hamilton for you, but I just know that you will love being in Rexburg. All of the wonderful opportunities for learning and sharing! All the wonderful concerts are devotionals! Sounds like hog heaven to me! It's kind of funny (and sad) that the Blodgett Canyon ward will go from three Tara's to none in the space of two months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm sad! But happy for you too. I know you will come and visit right? I will help keep an eye on your parents for you! You will have to get in contact with Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How scary and Exciting! You are perfectly allowed to be emotional. My son told someone once, that his mom cries whenever she feels an emotion!(happy,sad or otherwise)I love Rexburg, maybe we could come visit if we are in town? We have been to Idaho Falls a ton in the last year, we probably won't be that way for a while, but if we are I will look you up. Good luck with all you have to do! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! Congrats! I hope all goes well with the move and everything. How are your parents taking it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an opportunity! Congrats.. and good luck with everything. Change is good..but sometimes soo hard! I LOVE Rexburg.. and I know that it will grow on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete