Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Em

Well, my baby is now 9 years old.  She didn't have a big party... only the family.... but it was fun.  We took "broken glass jello" to her school for a treat, ate dinner at McDonalds, and went bowling
Broken Glass Jello (recipe on my sister's blog at http://www.anticipatingthebest.blogspot.com/)
She wanted a Webkinz cake.  My decorating tools are stored in a box in a storage unit, so I was limited to using a butter knife, toothpicks, and a ziplock bag.  We came up with a "Wheel of Wow" cake, that she liked. 
Birthday cake with chocolate coins and polly pocket items as the prizes. 
I hope she had a fun birthday.  Love you Em!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great job Tara and Happy Birthday Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too, Emily! Hope you had a great Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing! And I feel such a special bond with Emily now because I too love Webkinz world :) I bought one for Evalynn and now I'm addicted.

    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day Emily! Tara that cake looks awesome! (and delicious).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Emily! Cute cake! I like how the jello looks in the small cups. I'll have to try it that way sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a "Wow" of a cake! I've been meaning to try the jello from Lori's blog site but haven't yet. I was thinking it would be a fun dessert to take to one of my "homebound" sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hppy B Day Emi! I loved the cake how you did it Tara you should be a pro cake decorator

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is 9! That doesn't seem possible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is a fun cake! Good Job! Mom's are so cool!:)

    ReplyDelete