Sunday, May 2, 2010

For the Strength of Youth

Today in RS we had a special presentation/welcome for 5 girls who are graduating from high school and will be joining us in the "old lady" class. I'm looking forward to getting to know them and what they can teach me. Our Bishop is encouraging all of the members to read and study the pamphlet, "For the Strength of Youth". Tonight I read about language and I loved this quote....
" How you speak says much about who you are. Clean and intelligent language is evidence of a bright and wholesome mind." I really believe that this is true. When I was in college, a few of us would occasionally use inappropriate language. We made a "swearing jar" and whenever we said something we shouldn't, we would have to put a quarter in the jar. We were all on very tight budgets, and this wasn't always easy!!!! Then at the end of the semester, we got pizza with the money we had collected... what a treat! Not only was the pizza wonderful, we felt good about helping each other become better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment