Thursday, June 19, 2008

More quilt blocks

Yeah!!! I finally got caught up with the Star quilt-a-long!!! Here are blocks #5,6,7, and 8. I got a new foot for my sewing maching that guides the fabric to make a perfect 1/4 inch seam. I love it, except I have to trim off all my little triangle "ears" or it messes up. I also bought a walking foot and a darning foot. This may be the first quilt that I try to "machine quilt". I'll have to practice a lot before I get brave enough to work on a full size quilt!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your colors. I can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the coolest little sewing machine! It's a Janome, which I'm told is a very good quilting machine, but it's just tiny! And it only weights 5 lbs! I can't wait to start using it, and maybe try my first quilt!

    ReplyDelete