Thursday, January 24, 2013

Last IEP :/

Today I had an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) with Erik at the high school.  I have been going to these meetings for my boys for the past 15 years!  This was the last one!  Erik will graduate in the spring, and hopefully Em will not ever need these meetings.  Basically, this is where the parents, child, school staff, therapists, etc., meet together and make a "plan of action" for the child, outlining goals, accommodations, and evaluating progress.  I have an odd mix of feelings about this last meeting...... joy, relief, fear, hope, uncertainty.....  I am really proud of the progress my kids have made, but it is also scary to have them become adults, without the support of the schools and others to depend on.  What a crazy journey!

3 comments:

  1. You probably couldn't see it, but inside, I was going like, "WHOHOOOOOOOOO!" Thanks for being there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik's comment makes me want to say "Thanks for ALWAYS being there", especially for your kids, but also for the landmarks in all of our lives. You are a caring person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had Chase's IEP last week. Good job on raising those awesome kids. I think you're amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete