Monday, January 28, 2013

Snowy Day

We woke up to about a foot of new snow this morning.  I don't know the official amount, but it looks like at least a foot to me!  I shoveled off half of the cement pad in front of our garage, so Tony could get out to work.  He got stuck further out in the driveway and had to be pushed out.  Then, one of the school busses got stuck down at the far end of our road, so the other busses wouldn't go down there.  My kids had to get on out at the corner.  The kids further down the street just didn't get picked up. However, our school district did not cancel school. I think we were the only ones within 50 miles that had school today.  As I continued to shovel snow, with aching back and frozen toes, my kind neighbor came over with his snow blower and cleared out our whole driveway, clear to the road.   I was so grateful!  Then I went to help out a few neighbors who had gotten stuck in their driveways. Jacob and I left a half hour earlier than usual to get to school, and it's a good thing we did.  Cars were stuck all over the place!  The roads in town had not been plowed at all and people were sliding and couldn't get up the hill.  We made it safely, but it took a long time!  After getting home this afternoon, I baked an apple pie to take to my helpful neighbor!  It was kind of a fun day, but boy are my back and arm muscles aching.  I hope I can move tomorrow!  This picture is pretty fuzzy, but it is the path we shoveled out to the chicken coop in the back yard. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello to the human snow thrower.. We didn't get any snow high in the mountains of Mt. Is any of the snow melted or are they piling it up around town. Is it safe to come down this coming weekend? Are you recovered? Should we bring an apple pie to you? Love the old Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hurt all over today! What a wimp I am! :) The snow is piled up in all the parking lots and middle of the streets, and it is supposed to get pretty cold for the next few days so it probably won't melt much. I don't know how the traveling roads are... the roads are always worse in town. I hope you can still come down, but don't want you taking chances.... we'll just have to see how it looks in a few days I guess! Love you!

      Delete