Saturday, May 10, 2008

Check Out My Buns



Nice looking buns, huh? We're having a barbeque tomorrow, and I decided to make hamburger buns! They are so -o-o-o easy to make, and taste a lot better than the ones you buy in the store. ( Now, if only I could get my own buns in such good shape!) Here is my recipe.

Hamburger Buns

1-1/4 c. warm water 1 Tbsp. sugar 1 tsp. salt 1 egg

1-1/2 Tbsp. yeast 1-1/2 c. whole wheat flour 2 c. white flour

Mix everything together in your bread machine or mixer. I set my bread machine on the "dough" setting. Knead well if you are using a mixer. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it raise once. Then punch it down and separate it into balls. The recipe makes 8 large buns or 10 smaller ones. Form each ball into a "disk" about 1 inch thick. Place the disks on a cookie sheet. Cover and let raise about 15 minutes. You can sprinkle sesame seeds on the top if you want. Uncover and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool on a rack, then slice in half.

2 comments: