Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Playing with Power Tools

This is a project I made last week. My cat was needing a place to scratch, so I went to the pet store and looked at scratching posts. I thought " I could make one of those!"... so..., I did. The base is part of an old shelf that I kept for putting up in my garage. (Hopefully you'll see my shelf project in a few weeks.) The posts are pieces of a 4x4 fence post that I scrounged from my Dad's back yard. The square platform is another piece of old shelving, and the round platform is an old tabletop that I cut a "peek-hole" in. I covered everything in old carpet pieces that my parents had. ( They keep everthing!) The only piece I bought was the very top, barrel thing. I wrapped the posts with sisal rope, and screwed everything together. It was a fun project, and the cat loves it! I'm just happy he stopped trying to sharpen his claws on my leg!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dang Tara. You're creative! You and Lori must of got all the McLean creative genes. I need some of those. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I bet they wanted lover $80 for that at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a funny typo!!! HA! I meant OVER $80, not LOVER $80! What a difference one letter makes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great! You are the power tool woman!

    ReplyDelete