Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've become a blogger

I've decided to join the blogging throng. I'm terrible about writing in a journal, and contacting friends and relatives, so.... maybe this will kill two birds with one stone! Since I have no idea what I'm doing, I'll start out small and simple. Maybe I can find a computer guy that will teach me more?! My cousin just blogged 100 things about herself. I enjoyed it, and decided that sounds like a good place to start.
  1. I love Cheetos
  2. I volunteer during math time at my daughters school
  3. Big spiders terrify me
  4. Snakes and mice don't bother me
  5. I like to bake bread
  6. I like to eat home-made bread
  7. I am trying to grow a miniature lemon tree in my bedroom
  8. My lemon tree only has 2 leaves left
  9. I do all the bookkeeping for our home computer business
  10. I tend to be a neat-freak
  11. I like to read during my free time
  12. I like jazz and country music
  13. I don't like music that "vibrates through me"
  14. My favorite movie/book is Gone with the Wind
  15. I like cats
  16. I just got a little black kitten and we called him Pepper
  17. I like gardening and growing things
  18. Each year I try to grow something new
  19. Last year I grew eggplants
  20. I learned that I don't like eggplant. No one in my family does
  21. This year I am trying to grow blueberries
  22. I like blueberries. So does my husband
  23. I've been married for almost 16 years
  24. I got married in the Logan, Utah temple
  25. During my first year of married life I lived in a garage infested with spiders (see #3)
  26. I have 2 sons and 1 daughter
  27. Both my boys have autism
  28. I speak to school groups and community groups about autism
  29. My favorite color is green
  30. I painted the exterior of my house
  31. I will hire someone to paint the exterior of the house in the future
  32. I like to paint inside
  33. My home is painted with deep, bold colors
  34. I have no sense of fashion
  35. I usually wear jeans
  36. The only bone I have broken is my toe, twice
  37. I've had my wisdom teeth removed
  38. I love being a mom
  39. I hate it when my kids whine and fight
  40. I teach sunbeams in church
  41. I am the ward Girls Camp leader
  42. I worked in the Tetons for a summer
  43. I've traveled in 42 of the United States
  44. I've never been to Hawaii, but plan on going next year
  45. The foreign countries I've been in are Mexico, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, and Macau
  46. I want to travel to Scotland
  47. I didn't own a cell phone till 2 years ago
  48. I drive a Chevy Venture mini-van
  49. I live in the same town I grew up in, where my parents and grandparents live
  50. I have an Associates degree in Sociology
  51. I use a lot of post-its
  52. I learned how to make quilts, and I try to make one every year
  53. I like antiques - stuff with stories
  54. I don't enjoy shopping, unless I have a lot of money to spend
  55. I'm a stay-home Mom, although I'm seldom at home
  56. I have 4o cousins
  57. Can you tell that I'm a Mormon? :)
  58. My favorite show is The Office
  59. I have auburn hair
  60. I always paint my toenails
  61. When I was a kid I took two years of piano lessons
  62. Chocolate is my friend
  63. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant
  64. Although Tony and I both have dark hair and eyes, our daughter is blond and blue-eyed
  65. I like to watch hummingbirds
  66. Mopping the floor is my least favorite job
  67. I don't like scrap-booking
  68. I can't seem to screw jar lids on straight
  69. I look forward to the mail every day
  70. I like to give presents to people
  71. I like to get presents from people
  72. My family is the most important thing in my life
  73. I enjoy going to plays and shows
  74. I can fix my own plumbing
  75. I had tick fever when I was 9
  76. I want a motorcycle some day
  77. I like to go fishing, but don't like to kill the fish, so I let them go
  78. I once dated a guy named Robert Redford
  79. Strawberries are my favorite fruit
  80. Green beans are my favorite vegetable
  81. I don't really like ice cream
  82. I love watching summer thunder storms
  83. I am not a very good swimmer
  84. I like to organize and sort things (give me a messy closet, and I'll whip it into shape)
  85. Letting my kids go as they grow up is difficult for me
  86. I'm terrified of sending my boys on missions
  87. Horses scare me, but I want to learn to ride and overcome my fear
  88. I like trying new foods
  89. I tend to get myself into unusual (often comical) situations
  90. I worked at KMart when I was a teenager
  91. I sometimes dream about my high school days, and they usually turn into nightmares
  92. I sleep on my side
  93. I have every Louis L'Amour book
  94. I live two block away from a level 4 biosafety lab (There are 8 in the US)
  95. I just hope if I catch some flesh-eating disease, I'll go quickly! (See #94)
  96. I like to watch people... we are all so absurd
  97. There are wa-a-a-a-y too many remote controls in my house
  98. If I don't write down appointments I forget them
  99. I think I'm a happy, well-adjusted person
  100. Everyone else thinks I'm a fruitcake

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sis! Yay! I'm so excited you started blogging! Your 100 things was fun!
    So will comment on my blog now? HEe-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 100 things! Great idea. I don't like eggplant either! I didn't know you had traveled so many places. And . . . I'll be happy to whip up a messy closet with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the blogging world! Where did you work in the "Tetons"??! I'm from Driggs!

    {I read Lori's blog, she's a sweet and talented girl, I met her through a design team!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tara, I saw that you have your own blog now! Congrats! It will be fun to keep in touch now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Tara! (It's Tara, by the way. Dippyrooroo is a combination of Griffin and Kelsie's nicknames- although we never call Griffin Dippy anymore, we never called him anything but Dippy for the first nine months of his life)
    That was so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete