Friday, May 23, 2008

Quilt Crazy




My sister makes a lot of neat quilts. As I was looking at her blog, I found this link http://www.crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/. Right now she is on week 3 of a "star quilt" quilt-a-long. I decided to join in, since the weather is cold and rainy, and I can't be working outside. The picture on the bottom is my inspiration block. It was in a box of "quilt pattern blocks" that was given to me when Tony's grandmother died. ( Her name was Elsie Bodily.) The blues and oranges struck my fancy! So I dug through all my scraps and pulled out the blue and orange pieces for my quilt. I spent the morning making these first 3 blocks, and I'm excited to do the rest! I also like the hand stitching around Grandma Bodily's pieces. I think I'll try that and see how it looks!

4 comments:

  1. OHH! I love your colors! I love that quilt block, too. I bought some orange and blue fabric after we looked at the patterns to do a quilt sometime. I love the hand stitching on top, too. It adds so much personality. It will be fun to see your other blocks as we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blocks look fantastic. thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange and blue combination. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are wonderful and I'm looking foward to seeing more of them :) Love the colours that you picked out, orange is my all time favirote colour.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete