Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chocolate Raspberry Jam

This morning I decided it was time to use up last year's raspberries out of the freezer. I don't eat a lot of jam, but my family does. I found this recipe on-line and it was super-easy! What can be better than raspberries and chocolate? I also canned some raspberry pie filling, but haven't tried it out yet. If it is good, I'll post that recipe also.





Chocolate Raspberry Jam


6 cups frozen raspberries, or 7 pints fresh


3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares


5 cups sugar


1 box dry pectin


1 tsp. butter


Mix raspberries, pectin, and chocolate in a large pot. Heat on hight until it comes to a rolling boil. Add the sugar all at once. Heat to a boil again and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and process in jars. This made exactly 5 pints.




2 comments:

  1. Did you have a chance to taste it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I tasted it. It's pretty yummy. I don't know if I'd like it on a sandwich (but I don't really like PB&J). It would be really good in thumbprint cookies!

    ReplyDelete