Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good to be Home

Well, we had a great trip down the Oregon Coast. Here are a few photos.


It was so-o-o-o cold and windy when we finally reached the ocean! We had to wear our jackets. Erik said "This isn't fun in the sun, it's pain in the rain!"



Tasting cheese at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. We all shared a 5-scoop bowl of ice cream.




Playing in the water at the A.C. Gilbert children's museum in Salem, Oregon. This was a really fun place!




Playing at the Oregon State Fair, in Salem.





Petting star fish at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, in Newport.




Flying a kite during a very windy, sandy picnic on the beach. I can still feel the grit in my teeth! Tony had to throw away his sushi because it was so sandy!! At least it was sunny and kind of warm!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good time! I love the Tillamook Cheese Factory, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - It looks cold and windy! Hope it was a little bit fun! We missed seeing you when we visited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun, despite the weather! What a fun adventure for you guys! I would love to do that when my kids are a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a ton of fun! Tillamook cheese is the best! "Pain in the rain"--that kid kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally stalking you... I found you on tara sagens blog... I was home this weekend and I wondered why you weren't at church... i thought maybe you quit the church or something. But now I know you were on vacation

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you guys had a great vacation! The Jelly Belly factory AND the cheese factory . . . yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara,

    This is Hannah with Tillamook Cheese. I'm glad you guys had a chance to stop by the factory, and it's too bad it was chilly at the beach.

    I wanted to let you know you can now become a fan of Tillamook Cheese on Facebook. You can also check us out on Twitter or Flickr, or sign up to be invited to the new Tillamook Fan Club we are launching this fall. You can find all the links at our Delicious Page: http://delicious.com/Tillamookcheese.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete