Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Love To See The Temple

I had a lovely time riding to Spokane and going to the temple yesterday. Every year a bunch of ladies in our ward take a Saturday, leave the kids and husbands at home, and drive 4 hours to Spokane. It is really fun to have a "girls day". We talk and laugh, shop and eat. The best part is going to the temple together. I am so grateful for the friendships I have in these women. Each year I think of dozens of excuses why I'm too busy to go, but each time I have a great experience and am glad that I went!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is inspiring! How close is the closest temple? I have been so bad since I got pregnant and had Rylee. I too am so glad when I go, I always wonder why I wait so long. I am so blessed to have so many temples around us too. Last February we went to the open house of the Rexburg temple. It was so incredible. I also love anytime I go to Rexburg it brings back so many wonderful memories and I alway feel like and felt like I had the spirit with me while I was there!
    I am so glad we are in touch again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you! I can't fathom the idea of having to drive so far to attend the temple. I guess I forget how lucky us "utahn's" are with having a Temple in every city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the family blogs have a temple in them some place, have you noticed?

    ReplyDelete