Sunday, September 28, 2008

A New Calling

I have been a Primary teacher for a few years.  Today I got a new calling that I am both excited about, and terrified of!  As a Primary teacher, it was fairly predictable... I knew who I would be dealing with each week, how rowdy each child could get, and had sort of figured out how to calm each one down.  I loved the hugs and crayon pictures and "I love you, teacher"s.  I will miss it terribly. 

Now I am the Compassionate Service Leader.  I don't even really know what is expected in this calling, except I will be helping with funerals and new babies!  I will be able to serve with lives leaving this world, coming into this world, and those somewhere in between.  I am really excited to have this chance to be more involved in service, and know it will help me to be a better person.  I'm really scared that I will not know what to do and say.  Hopefully people will be forgiving with me as I try to do this.  Our former Compassionate Service lady was so kind and wonderful... I know that I can't fill her shoes, but I hope mine can at least follow in her footsteps! 

9 comments:

  1. You are the best Tara. People will feel safe sharing their best and worst with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a more deserving person than you! You are the most giving and caring person. (next to my brother) Good luck in your new calling. You'll do wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is so excited to have you! Since I'm not there to keep her in line its up to you. She's a wild one. You will do so good I honestly havn't met a nicer person than you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,

    What an amazing opportunity! How wonderful! I know you probably don't know me. I was a good friend of your brother Kent in high school. He was really special to me. Congratulations on your new calling. That is just fantastic@

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are very well suited to that calling. You are good at loving others.

    ReplyDelete