Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Becoming a Geek

That's right... Geek.  First I started a blog... now I've created an account on FaceBook!  I'm not even sure why...I just wanted to see what all the excitement was about, and before I knew it... I had set up my profile and started searching for "friends"!  As I spent my time looking for everyone I've ever known, I realized that a lot of people go in and out of our lives.  Some of them I want to keep in touch with - but our lives take so many twists and turns that we just can't keep in touch with everyone.  It is kind of sad that there are also people that I really don't want to spend the time and effort to contact.  Is this their fault because they are big jerks, or is it my fault because I'm a big jerk?  This is something I will have to ponder. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a really funny and thought provoking question, Tara! Social things and relationship things are so complicated sometimes, and while the internet, etc., makes is easier in someways, it also complicates it in other ways! I love the way you look at things, and my bet is that if you don't think the relationship investment is worth it, there's probably a good reason for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when I started a facebook account. All those people that used to be such an important part of our lives from HS, College, or old jobs are still out there living their lives-we're just not part of it. It's a weird feeling. I think the people who are really important will always find a way back-facebook or not.
    p.s. I ended up deleting my Facebook account because all the "friends" I had on there didn't feel like real friends anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it because of friends- and I hate myspace. :) This is much easier to control. :) It's been wonderful to find old friends, and to jot a fast not instead of a long email... as for some peole I'd rather not connect with, well-- it's for my own good. And just because I don't add them up as friends, doesn't mean we can't chat by messages on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tara I finally checked out your blog and returned your email, I will check out facebook too. It is great to be in contact with you and Tony and to get to know your little family! Check out my blog, lets keep in touch!
    melodee:)

    ReplyDelete