Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hold down



Yesterday I accidentally added a dash of pepper to my morning oatmeal, instead of my usual dash of salt.  It wasn't very good but I ate it anyway, not wanting to waste my breakfast.  My stomach was kind of upset all morning.  I don't think I will put pepper in my oatmeal again.

In the afternoon I went on a field trip to the Juvenile Corrections Center in St. Anthony and spent about 4 hours touring the facilities and learning about the program they use.  It was really interesting.  Here is a picture of a few of my classmates learning how to do a restraining hold.  We also got to experience some "necessary use of force" moves and my shoulders and back did not like it!  It made me sad to see how so many youth have lost so many of their choices because of the things they got themselves into.  They are now learning how to act appropriately and take responsibility for their actions so that they can have the privilege of re-joining society.

No comments:

Post a Comment