Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day

Yesterday was Veterans Day, and I am so grateful for those who serve in the armed forces for our country.  As I grew up, I didn't really know anyone who was in the military... it wasn't until I was older that I realized that both of my grandpa's had spent time in the service.  I didn't really understand the sacrifices that our soldiers have to go through.  Now as I look at my husband and sons, I am so grateful that they have the choice of whether or not to join the military.  This choice would not be possible if not for the men and women who protect us from domination and destruction.  I love my country and want it to be strong and free.  I choke up when I sing the national anthem, or when I see the flag go by in a parade.  Now I know what a blessing it is to be an American.  I pray for our leaders, and for the protection and safety of those who sacrifice in order to keep us free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment