Friday, July 25, 2008

Berry Delicious


This is the time of year for picking raspberries. I think they are so beautiful! There's nothing like going out first thing in the morning, before it gets hot, and listening to the world wake up while picking raspberries. For me, this is a very soul-soothing experience. I also love to to munch the cool, sweet berries before my breakfast!!



Yesterday I went "huckleberrying" with my mom and Emily. We didn't find a lot... but here they are. They will be just enough to throw into a batch of pancakes or muffins. I don't know what it is about Montanans and their huckleberries, but I don't feel like the summer is complete without their tart, wild taste.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm raspberrying, too! I miss being able to get huckleberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I didn't get any berries this year. We trimmed them down and they didn't produce a thing. :( They look awesome, though! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara

    Where do you go picking Huckleberries. I have always wanted to go but don't know where to start! Jean Juhnke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Hamilton... and you are really making me miss it!! Happy Berry Hunting!!

    ReplyDelete