Thursday, July 17, 2008

National Peach Ice Cream Day


Yes, in case you were wondering.... today IS National Peach Ice Cream Day. (Who comes up with these?) Our family celebrates everything we can, so... today I made peach ice cream for the first time. It was delicious!!! I highly recommend it.

Peach Ice Cream
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1-1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
Dash of Salt
3-4 Ripe Peaches
About 3 Cups Milk

Whip cream until very thick. Pour it into your ice-cream canister. Beat eggs and add to cream. Slowly add sugar and half the milk. Stir till sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla and salt. Peel and de-pit the peaches. Puree the peaches, along with the other half of the milk, in a blender. Pour the peach puree into the ice-cream canister and mix well. The canister should be about 3/4 full. If it is not, add milk till it is 3/4 full. Freeze according to your freezers directions. ( You can cut the peaches into chunks, instead of pureeing them, but my kids won't eat "chunks" in their ice-cream.)

3 comments:

  1. Nice picture!

    I'll be right there to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! Homemade ice cream always reminds me of my visits to Montana with you guys and grandma/grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE peach ice cream! You can also use peach jam in the mix to flavor it. My family makes Huckleberry ice cream with jam too. If you use whole fresh huckleberries they turn into little purple rocks!

    ReplyDelete