Friday, July 18, 2008

Shelves and Peas

What do shelves and peas have in common, you may ask?  .... not much, except that's what I've been working on today.  I spent about 3 hours this morning building the first of many shelves that will help me organize my basement.  They aren't really pretty, but they are strong.  I am rather proud of myself, since this is the first time I've tried anything like this! 

Then I picked the peas, and had the kids help me shell them.  I think more peas went into our mouths than into the freezer, but that's what growing a garden is all about.

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Do-It-Yourself! Those shelves look great! We had shelves like that in our last house and I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they need a little color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are like me, you want something done you do it yourself. way to go! Just hand Tony the paint brush now. Can't wait to see the kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Tara! Those shelves look awesome!

    ReplyDelete