Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Week at Girls Camp

I had the opportunity to spend the last week as our ward girls camp leader. We went to Camp Paxson, on Seeley Lake. The weather was beautiful, the girls were great, and the mosquitos nearly sucked us dry. I really love going to girls camp because it reminds me of when I gained my testimony, through camp experiences. I want to make camp as fun and memorable for others as it was for me. This is me, my assistant, and my 11 girls, by a big cow, on the way to camp.
My fake snake-bite... You'd be surprised how many kids wanted to cut little slits and suck out the venom!
My assistant and I snuck away from the girls for an illegal, mid-afternoon smore's break. It was delicious!
This is our lovely cabin... where 10 of us tried to sleep. The snoring, talking in their sleep, and late night trips to the potty made it hard. I think we averaged around 4-5 hours of sleep a night.... but, boy did we have fun!!!! Can't wait to go back next year!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like everyone had a blast! I only wish I could have been there too! I loved girls camp when I went too, great times.

    ReplyDelete