Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More about Huckleberries


This morning I went up Lost Horse Canyon with my parents and kids. We were on a mission to pick more huckleberries. The thing is, you can only pick them in a few areas, and for a few weeks out of the year. If you miss them, you don't get another chance! I think a lot of things in life are like that... If you don't take your opportunities, they will be gone. It's so important to find the good things that are happening right now... the quiet moments, kind words, smiles, flowers, a puppy, and on and on. We miss so much if we spend all of our time looking for "huckleberries" in the middle of January, instead of enjoying the snowflakes!

4 comments:

  1. Very profound.

    So, how do you philosophize about those white cords hanging out of Jacob's ears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss huckleberries!! Save some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I remember those days of picking Huckleberrie's! Yum!

    ReplyDelete