Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beans and Apples

The kids first day back to school went well.  I was going to take a picture of them this morning and then I forgot.  It is good to get back into a schedule, but I miss having my kids home.  Tonight Em helped me to get a batch of green beans canned.  Over the past few days she has also helped me with dehydrating some apples.  She is working on a 10-hour project for a church activity, and she chose to do it on learning about food preservation.  I am going to teach her how to make jam next, then it will be time to harvest and freeze the corn and can tomatoes.  I also have lots of herbs in the garden to cut and dry.  I am enjoying teaching her and having her help with some of these jobs!

1 comment:

  1. Em, I wish you'd been here to help me can my beets! I did 24 pints. You guys will probably get some of them!

    ReplyDelete