Saturday, August 18, 2012

Forgotten Phone

I got up early this morning to work at the temple for a few hours.  I put my phone on vibrate and slid it into my  purse.  There it stayed until just a few minutes ago, when I realized that I have had an exceptionally quiet day.  There are several missed calls, texts, and e-mails that I should have responded to during the day, but on the other hand it was so nice to be separated from it all for a few hours!  The opportunity seldom comes to have a day without interruptions, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I know that I would have been worried if I had deliberately left my phone off all day.  Am I too dependent on technology?  I don't think so..... I think that that many people are tied down by it, rather than freed by it, but I enjoy using it, and enjoy going without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment