Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day of rest?

I really enjoy Sundays because they are different from the other days of the week.  I like going to church and learning about the gospel.  I enjoy seeing friends and checking in with how they are doing.  I like having home teachers come to visit us and share a message about Christ. I appreciate this day set aside to focus on my Savior and to learn and try to become a better person.  Sundays are a peaceful, pleasant time, but a day of rest they are not.  I usually get up early for meetings of one type or another, make phone calls, visit people in my ward, work on visiting teaching routes, study lessons, make assignments for the upcoming week, go to church, sometimes have guests for dinner, and try to help my family with their assignments, goals, and projects.  I am very grateful for the Sabbath Day, and I truly love it, but I don't usually feel very "rested" at the end of the day!

1 comment: