Monday, August 20, 2012

Zuchinni

Ode to zuchinni.
Summer squash so green and long
growing in my garden,
So prolific, so oblong,
we must ask your pardon!
You are the butt of many jokes
abandoned at neighbors' houses.
I even know some local blokes
who feed you to their cowses!
Yet, given a chance, you are delicious
fried or baked or grated ...
versatile in many dishes;
some I've liked, some I've hated!
So here's to you my abundant friend
and all your tasty uses
I'm looking forward to the end,
because I'm running out of uses!!



2 comments:

  1. Ha-Ha! Did you make that up? I like zucchini in my quiche. I didn't have any yesterday so I made my quiche with celery and cucumber and grated onion, plus the usual eggs and cheese. It wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... I made it up! Your quiche sounds interesting?!!

      Delete