Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beet cake

Tonight some friends brought over a chocolate beet cake to share with us.  I was rather skeptical... sounds strange.  It was very delicious! She told me it is made with canned beets, applesauce, wheat flour and coconut oil.  I am a big believer in eating healthily.  I am not a fan of diets, supplements, or "wonder" foods.  I think that if our diet consists mostly of whole, natural foods, and we eat a large variety, we will be healthy and strong.  That's not to say that I don't enjoy a few Cheetos or chocolate chip cookies occasionally.... I just try to take it easy on the junk, and save it for special occasions, while making my every day eating consist mostly of things that I grow myself, or that consist of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and healthy proteins.  I definitely have room for improvement, but I just don't think that spending a bunch of money, or a couple of months eating nothing but broccoli will improve my body or health over the long run. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Plus I think that the companies make photos of their food looke better than their actual food. I've never seen food look as good as it does on the box!

    ReplyDelete