Monday, September 10, 2012

College Kid

Today was Jacob's first day of college!  Yikes!  Where did the time go?  I was very proud of myself for dropping him off, and not walking to class with him.  Then I had the same feelings that I had 15 years ago, dropping him off at pre-school for the first time.... worry, excitement, fear, hope, and the almost overwhelming urge to run back and bring him back home with me.  Luckily I had to run an errand and get to my own class... so he was saved from the embarrassment of having his mom come check on him.  I was glad to get a call from Tony a half hour later, telling me that he had walked by Jacob's class and taken a peek in to see how it was going.  :)  So, Jacob and I are both into the college class mode.  This will be my busiest semester yet, and I am praying for the ability to juggle all of my commitments and keep my sanity. 

3 comments:

  1. Creativity, Jacob. Your first one.
    I admit that I had a helicopter-parent moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath - you'll be okay. Let me know if I can help with anything!!

    ReplyDelete