Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good Trade

Today I took some zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes to a friend.  She doesn't grow a garden so I thought she could use some of my over-abundance.  I am getting tired of canning after quite a few batches of plain tomatoes, two big batches of salsa, lots of green beans, and some jam.  I have been dehydrating the zucchini and yellow squash into "chips" that are pretty good.  I did spaghetti sauce today.  Anyway... I didn't want to do any more preserving for a few days, so I gave away my produce.  It turns out my friend has fruit trees and she gave me a big box of pears, and another of apples.  The pears aren't ripe yet, so I don't have to can them right away, and I am gong to dry the apples, so can just work on that a  bit at a time.  I was happy to get the fruit, since my trees didn't produce anything this year. By the way, do any of you want parsley?  I have dried more than I will use in the next while (probably years), but there is still a bunch left in the garden. I also have dill for anyone who wants it.  And chive plants..... they are taking over my herb garden!  I'm starting to look forward to the end of gardening season! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure thankful for the magic bounty that I see on my table and in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete