Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thumb Nail Thoughts

Back at the beginning of June I slammed my thumb in the car door.  It was not very fun and hurt like blazes for a week or so.  My nail immediately turned black and swelled up.... not a pretty sight.  Finally, today, the last part of that crushed, mangled thumb nail came off.  Only part of the new one has grown, underneath, and the exposed end of my thumb is super-sensitive.  It makes me realize how miraculous each and every part of our body is.  It amazes me that as damaged as my thumb was, it is almost completely healed... the nerves that are so sensitive, have repaired themselves, and the nail that is supposed to cover them performs the important function of protecting them.  I also miss the use of my nail, as a tool, to grip, perforate, and scrape... our bodies, even the smallest part, are just so amazing! 

2 comments:

  1. My wrist is a second testimonial of how amazing our bodies really are. Almost overnight my bones have begun knitting together and my arm is becoming useful instead of being a dead weight. It's pretty humbling when your husband has to help you put on your socks and makeup!

    ReplyDelete