Saturday, September 1, 2012

Old videos

Yesterday and today my kids wanted something new to watch, so I pulled out the old VHS family video tapes.  We still have a VCR, so we have spent some time watching ourselves.  It has been so fun to see myself, Tony, and the kids over the years!  I am amazed at the progress and growth each of us has made and the experiences that have helped us to become who we are.  We seldom take videod anymore, and it kind of makes me sad.  We need to work on converting these old video tapes to a digital format before they deteriorate and we lose them..... one more project to add to the list!  I am grateful that we have technology that helps us to preserve our memories because so much of what I watched seemed totally "new" to me! 

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, converting them to digital will make them somewhat less watchable. What I mean is that there seems to be no equivalent digital way of putting in the VHS tape and letting it roll through the years. If we convert to digital they'll likely be clips that one has to double-click on to view on a computer screen; not on the living room TV. Any ideas how to get over that?

    ReplyDelete