Monday, September 17, 2012

savvy shopping

I am a pretty frugal person.  I don't get a kick out of spending money.... in fact I really enjoy saving it.   Today I went to Walgreens for a few things.  By watching the circular and matching coupons to the sales they had, I walked out with 2 bottles of Aussie shampoo, a box of crackers, a package of Dentek tooth flossers, and 3 boxes of fruit snacks for a total of $5.08.  My receipt told me that I saved 74% on todays purchases, plus I got $3 in coupons good for anything I choose on my next purchase.  I wish there were sales and coupons for things like power bills and braces!  I am NOT an "extreme couponer".... I don't want to spend a huge amount of time and effort to get free things.... they are not free if they are costing me my time and energy.  I just think it is silly to pay more than necessary if I can save significantly by being organized and observant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment