Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dumb Dogs

Emily is babysitting 2 dogs for one of our neighbors.  On Friday, I went with her to help get the dogs in the garage for the night.  I had about 30 minutes before I needed to be at the library, to help with a fundraiser.  We rode our bikes down the road... I had a flat tire, but did not have time to pump it up, so struggled down the road.  We got there, and realized that Emily had forgotten the key, so I waited as she rode back home and got it.  We got the dogs, removed the shock collars, put them inside their kennel in the garage, and as I took off the leash, one dog bolted out and ran off.  She went to the neighbors house .  I took off after the dog while Em found some treats to lure her back.  I called the boys to come and help because the dog did NOT want to be caught.  I chased her all through the neighbors back yard and garden.  Em brought the treat and the dog inched closer and closer, then as I snatched for her, she grabbed the treat and darted away.  She ran to another neighbors house, and some of their kids came out to help, the dog thought it was a great game!  I went back to the owner's house and got the other dog on a leash, thinking it would help to lure the runaway back.  The dog ran to another house, and met their new dog.  I was hot, sweaty, had thorns in my feet, and was getting late for my appointment.  Luckily the new dog in the neighborhood did not like our runaway, and scared her.  She ran back to me and the leashed dog.  Emily threw herself over the dog, and we managed to get a leash on her.  It took about 25 minutes of chasing to catch the stupid creature, and we were dirty, sweaty, and late for my appointment by the time I made the 15 minute drive to town.  Now I can laugh as I see how the situation must have looked, but I was really angry at that dumb dog!

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget those other dogs across the street that kept you up last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all dogs are either stupid or crazy, but I like 'em anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to go through that again!

    ReplyDelete