Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Master Gardener

Tonight was the closing social for the Master Gardener program that I have been working on since last February.  I spent about 50 hours in classes, then another 40 hours of community service.  I spent my service time answering questions at a booth at the local farmer's market and helping with a gardening conference.  It was really fun and I learned a lot.  Tonight I received my certificate so now I am an official Master Gardener!  Yay!!!!!  I also won first prize in the "best vegetable" contest with a monster cabbage that I grew.  I  won a basket full of garden stuff, and Tony won a door prize... a lily!  He'll probably have me take care of it. :)  I enjoyed the evening and am glad to mark this experience as "accomplished" on my bucket list. 

3 comments:

  1. Yep. I'm a lily winner. At least I'm not lily-livered...unless it comes to snakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm soo jealous of the classes you get to take! Now I'll ask you all my gardening questions!

    ReplyDelete