Saturday, September 15, 2012

"I'm not perfect"

One of my kids said tonight "I'm not perfect".  I think that this is obvious.  None of us is perfect.  We are all working at getting better, kinder, more obedient, wiser, etc...  I think that saying "I'm not perfect" is often an excuse for not trying harder.  It's a way of letting go of responsibility for our own actions... nobody's perfect, so why try?  I hope I can teach my children that they don't have to be perfect, but they are responsible for making themselves better.  I hope I can remember this for myself also. 

2 comments:

  1. Mom, you can't say "Why try?". We always have to strive to be perfect. We can never be perfect, but you are right. We always have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right.... I didn't mean we shouldn't try... I meant that many people feel like "why try?" I should have put that part in paranthesis to show that it is a way of thinking that some people have.

    ReplyDelete