Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Balancing Act

I'm feeling rather out of balance lately...  trying to fill many rolls, and not feeling completely successful.  I have to keep reminding myself that I can do anything I put my mind to, but I can't do everything right now.  I also feel like I am always trying to be what other people need me to be.... a good mom, student, teacher, relief society president, friend, daughter, neighbor, church member, board member, wife, etc... I feel like if I spend too much time in any one area, the others suffer, so I am constantly evaluating, weighing, and choosing who to be at any given moment.  I get tired of the effort sometimes, and I think that is why I like to read so much.... it gives my mind a break.  I know that this balancing act is what life is all about and the test of this life is in how we prioritize, and how we handle the bumps that come up.  I just feel so caught up in all the roles I am trying to keep going, that I wonder if I am losing myself somewhere?  Or, are all these commitments and roles what make me myself? 

2 comments:

  1. I think you stress out too much about all of your jobs. Take some time off if you feel too overloaded. P.S. It's spelled "Roles". <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you already know this but it should be stated that God knows all about every plate you're spinning, which ones are OK to drop, and which ones might need to spin a little faster.

    ReplyDelete