Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Candy Corn

It's that time of year for candy corn.  We made a trip to Idaho Falls to go to Target for their "exclusive" candy corn Oreo's.  Evidently they are so exclusive that they are not to be found.  If anyone sees them, would you grab us a package?

One year when I was working with the Young Women, one of my girls and I were talking about candy corn and how we liked to eat it in sections, saving the small white triangle on the end for the last.  We both commented on how we liked the tip the best.  The next day a big bag of candy corn appeared with no explanation.  I appreciated the kind gesture of some sharing soul.  When I went to eat a few, I saw that the white tip of every one had been bitten off, and I only got the yellow and orange part!  I laughed and laughed at that girl, and the joke we shared together!  It must have made her sick eating all those white tips!  To me it was a sign of friendship and trust, and I always think of her when I eat candy corn..... I need to find where she is now and return the favor! 

2 comments: