Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Drying Onions

Yesterday I noticed that all the onions I dug from my garden a few weeks ago, were starting to go bad.  So, I borrowed my neighbors food processor to chop them all up (first I cut off any bad parts).  Then I put them in the food dehydrator.  There were many tears involved in the process!  These were strong onions! I put the dehydrator in the garage, since I didn't want the house to smell like onions.  Unfortunately, my hands, clothes, and kitchen still smelled.  The garage immediately filled with the strong scent. Also, a slight draft comes in under the house/garage door when the wind blows, and it happened to be a windy day.  Anyway, everything smells like onions, and I have a nice bunch of dehydrated onions. I probably should have moved the cars outside while this was going on because I don't know if the smell will ever come out. Even after being parked outside on campus all day today, as I walked up to my van, I got a nose full of onion scent!


2 comments: